Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... to waive the "shall not be in possession of firearms" clause stated in my probationary rules? I accepted a plea bargain in a domestic violence case brought against me by the State of Montana on behalf of my soon-to-be-ex-wife (no, I didn't do it) and I'm now on probation for three years!! "First time offender", no criminal record, Eagle Scout, blah, blah, blah. The DA flat out told my wife he was coming down on me as hard as he could because of the large number of firearms I owned at the time, not because of her allegations against me.... sure wish I had that on tape! Anyway, no firearms were alleged to have been involved or any weapons of any kind for that matter... so, think I can succesfully petition the court to get around that "no weapons" clause? I'd like to find a job in the field of guns or sporting goods, maybe even self employment with a range or somesuch, but this clause puts the kibosh on that til 3-1-04 and by then I'll probably be established in some other dead end job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts