Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like your take on the legal aspects of owning a pre 1900 antique French cane gun. Most are collected by cane collectors and ammunition would be very hard to find and very expensive if you do find it. Most collectors, if not all, never fire their cans....to much of an investment!
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I see old ones for sale now and again with no restrictions. Of course, they're antique and often fire some obsolete European rimfire ammo. Still, in PA I don't think you can carry one, but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
When I'm in antique or thrift shops and see a bunch of canes I always check them out hoping. But no luck so far. Don't the legality of them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Don't know about a cane gun but I do have a few cane swords. I can own them in Tennessee but can't use them outside the house.

I have one of these.

It's a nice piece of steel. Doesn't seem cheap or flimsy at all.

I use it as a cane around the house but don't take it out in public.

Pretty much a novelty item, but a nice quality one.

Colt "M" fits my pocket much better...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I always thought the air gun canes were neat- but I think they are illegal as hell.
Dennis Fulmer has one for sale right now, cased, complete with mold and pump, no restrictions, delivered to your door for $2,295.00. Seems a bit pricey for a novelty, but he claims it works...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts