Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here's my new CAR-15 Fiberlite reproduction synthetic buttstock from Brownells (trying it on my son's Colt LE6920 M4 carbine), it looks exactly like the Colt Fiberlite stock that I had on my Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II carbine way back in 1985 when I bought it new.

These stocks are mil-spec size for mil-spec size receiver extensions (buffer tubes) and made by a reputable US company B5 Systems which makes the Enhanced SOPMOD stocks for the US military.

There is a hidden symbol letter stylized "B" same as the font of B5 Systems on SOPMOD stocks, behind the adjustment lever.

The hard to find original Colt CAR-15 Fiberlite sometimes called N1 (with N1 Markings - some have no markings) are very expensive now new to excellent condition sliding buttstock only are from $200+ up to $300 currently.

I'm glad they had these now, before you never know the quality of the different makes. These have very little movements and looks exactly like the factory original.

This type of stock are ideal for the XM177 clone builders, mid '80s to early 2000s models or early M4 carbine retro builds.

This stocks was replaced by the current M4 waffle type stocks type 2 gen 4 with 4 position receiver extensions in 2002.

For guys interested in these stocks they're on sale now at a lower price, regular cost was $42.99 (I'm not sponsored by Brownells, just a long time customer).

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts

Here's my new CAR-15 Fiberlite reproduction synthetic buttstock from Brownells (trying it on my son's Colt LE6920 M4 carbine), it looks exactly like the Colt Fiberlite stock that I had on my Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II carbine way back in 1985 when I bought it new.

These stocks are mil-spec size for mil-spec size receiver extensions (buffer tubes) and made by a reputable US company B5 Systems which makes the Enhanced SOPMOD stocks for the US military.

There is a hidden symbol letter stylized "B" same as the font of B5 Systems on SOPMOD stocks, behind the adjustment lever.

The hard to find original Colt CAR-15 Fiberlite sometimes called N1 (with N1 Markings - some have no markings) are very expensive now new to excellent condition sliding buttstock only are from $200+ up to $300 currently.

I'm glad they had these now, before you never know the quality of the different makes. These have very little movements and looks exactly like the factory original.

This type of stock are ideal for the XM177 clone builders, mid '80s to early 2000s models or early M4 carbine retro builds.

This stocks was replaced by the current M4 waffle type stocks type 2 gen 4 with 4 position receiver extensions in 2002.

For guys interested in these stocks they're on sale now at a lower price, regular cost was $42.99 (I'm not sponsored by Brownells, just a long time customer).
Thanks for sharing and the heads up on the pricing of this stock. That’s a great price for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m new here.... is this post right for this forum??? It’s a Advertisement.... plain and simple. Go read about this product at Brownells.... not here. Ok, beat me up as you see fit....

H

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
Thanks for the informative post and heads up on a great bargain AR15_1911...

We ALL appreciate it when one of our members share a great deal with the membership !! ;)

I kept my CAR retro...

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I'm totally good with the post, not that my opinion matters. The OP clearly stated he has no connection to Brownells, didn't offer anything for sale and gave a personal review about it. Thanks for posting good deals - I've owned many products from B5 over the years and have been totally satisfied. I'm running their sopmod stocks on my duty rifles too, since the original LMT's are wicked expensive. That one you pictured looks great!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To all the newbies here let me quote the Colt forum statement:

"A forum community dedicated to Colt firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, gunsmithing, troubleshooting, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!"

I've been a good member here for about 7 years now, also a paying Team member at a large forum AR15.com for around 15 years, I know the rules pretty much.

If that's your opinion, OK that's your opinion, but I disagree with you.

We as members are allowed to review the performance, quality, our personal experience with any parts, accessories, etc, related to the forum topic.

In other large forums they even have a separate thread that the members could post good deals on anything related to the thread subject.

I only mention in one line of my post where to get them and a good price but not stating the actual price, I did not even post a hot link to the site seller.

The only things not allowed here are vendors and dealers posting their products on member forums, the vendors have their own section of vendor forums that they control and manage, that's the only place they could post about their merchandize.

In addition to this B5 Systems CAR-15 stock, a popular that cost less is the M&A Parts, but I have no actual experience with them just read other members buying them for their clone build projects.

Another use for these CAR-15 stocks are the IDF Israel Defense Forces carbine clones, with the original small diameter ribbed carbine handguard, A1 grip and A1 upper receiver (with forward assist and no shell deflector), Israeli accessories stretchable bands for handguards & buttstocks and IDF adjustable two point sling mounted using para cords.

No offense taken, Peace!

Reactions: WVCOLT and hoveyh

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are a good guy! Thank you for your professionalism. By the way I have that stock on my 20+ year old Colt 6450. It has a N-1 hidden by the adjustment lever.... Real Deal!

H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts