Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Oh the high bidder will take it sky high. No worries with him about fake anything, he just wants a overpriced Python!

I've emailed him on numerous occasions tipping him off to fake labels and misrepresented guns and he just says and I quote "I don't worry about that stuff none"

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
As I posted in another thread:

If you were wondering where all of those 3" barrels that have been selling on ebay have been going, here is your answer.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't have the sharpest eyes in the forest, but from the buffed out rampant colt, and the dished out screw holes, this one looks a tad bit ---- Dare I write the word?? ---- FAKE!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
it's not really fake, it is a Python, and it does have a 3" barrel, it is just not an original finish gun in original barrel length with original box. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's when the screw holes are no longer 90 degrees to the surface of the metal, as a result of incorrect/overzealous polishing.

That poor pony has just about been polished to oblivion.

IIRC, that barrel length is a lot less common than the 4 and 6 inch barrels.
That would make it more valuable, if original, and more likely to be fraudulently installed by an unscrupulous individual for the purpose of selling the gun for a LOT more than it's really worth.
Myself, I'd rather have a 6 inch Python. I don't plan on CC'ing a valuable work of art.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts