Colt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
If Colt 2nd gen percussions count and it's OK to post something previously posted in the photos section, then here is a pair of C series 1851 Navies in one of Bill Shumate's double cases done in the style of a London manufactured Colt.
The Bag Flask is by Dixon & sons of Sheffield, England--who made these same flasks for Colt in the mid 19th century. They were still in business in 1971 when Colt reintroduced the 2nd gen Navies and subsequently revived the same flasks for the launch of the new line. Dixon has been absorbed in some buyout or merger and no longer exist under the same name.

The pistols are actually Robert E. Lee commemoratives, but I used them since they were the only 2nd gens with round trigger guards produced in any quantity.

Cheers

·
Registered
803 Posts
Man oh man, you guys have some beautiful colts. I was busy not spending money on nice Colts these past 39 years so I could build my dream house in Montana and retire at 58!
Not so sure that's a good trade off after seeing the beautiful colts in this thread!

Only 1 "cased" Colt in a non-original John Browning commemorative case, to protect my Colt 1911 made in 1916 in 98% condition.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts