Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seed that the only known original cased Walker #1022 is to be included in RIA’s spring premier auction. Maybe it’s just the preview photos, but that thing seems to haves aged quite a bit since the first color photos of it were published some 4-odd decades ago. Also, I see it has the incorrect later (likely Dixon) dragoon flask in the case. According to Rapley, he helped facilitate the reunion of the original correct Walker flask with this set years ago.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
It would look fantastic sitting in my office. Too bad it won't...i'd have to sell the house and everything in it to afford such a Colt.

Reactions: bighipiron

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d have to liquidate a chunk of my IRA to nab that. Also see they have a sweet #1 ring lever rifle going on the block. Ah, to have inherited wealth....

·
Registered
127 Posts
But the June RIA auction shows a cased 2nd gen Walker. 2nd gen Walkers in cases with accessories don't come up too often. And could be yours for several decimal points less.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I have a Signature series Walker with all accessories also Signature series in a replica of the Danish Sea Captains case. Will take some pictures and post them later.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately the case looks to be a (very nice) Italian replica oak case as sold by Dixie. My ASM shooter resides in one. The fact no photos of accessories are shown would leave me to believe they are replicas as well. If it had original 2nd generation accessories the mold alone would estimate at the price they show for both sets.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
My 3rd generation Walker lives in an Uberti case with all Signature Series accessories
Walker_Signature_1.JPG Walker_Signature_2.JPG

I'm quite sure that the case of the Walker at RIA is also an Italian case. Concerning the Walker accessorie set Russel mentiones that no complete set turned up to date and that it would be very desirable if it really exist, so I guess when there are accessories in that case it is either Itialan made or from Signature series like mine.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Not an Italian case. The Original photo page 80 in the"Book of Firearms" 1971 by Larry Wilson shows the same case

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My 3rd generation Walker lives in an Uberti case with all Signature Series accessories
View attachment 554058 View attachment 554066

I'm quite sure that the case of the Walker at RIA is also an Italian case. Concerning the Walker accessorie set Russel mentiones that no complete set turned up to date and that it would be very desirable if it really exist, so I guess when there are accessories in that case it is either Itialan made or from Signature series like mine.
Desron6, I talk about the Walker-case at the left

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
@Hans,
Both pictures show my Signature Series Walker with all accessories also from Signature Series in a case made by Uberti. I bought that case with an Uberti Walker and all accessories only for the case.

The RIA auction we are talking about will be in June and I'm quite sure that the 2nd generation Walker is also in an Italian case with Italian accessories.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I have asked RIA for a picture of the inside of the case with the 2nd generation Walker and here it is. The accessories are Italian and I'm sure that the case is also Italian. It looks exactly like my case except the colour of the fabric.
RIA_cased Walker.jpg

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
In 1971 the Texas Gun Collector's Association published an "Antique Arms Annual" that contained some of the most beautiful antique guns ever brought together. The cased Walker was one of the guns, and as noted was in the Larry Sheerin collection at the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts