Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is mine. And maybe someday you can own it. If you will be at Louisville in June it will be there.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know who engraved the gun ? I think Agee was still alive in 49. I love the gun.

John
John, the gun was engraved by David Wade Harris, http://www.dwharris.com/default1.htm , a disciple if you will of Cole Agee. Cole Agee trained Weldon Bledsoe an established jewelry engraver working in Fort Worth, in the cattlebrand style. Weldone Bledsoe trained David W. Harris and David has continued the CB style as well as other styles. If you look at my other post on the engraved Model M 380 you will see his take on factory Helfrict style engraving. He used pictures from the Brunner book (Plate 82 and Plate 210) for that one. I have a table in Louisville and should have these with me. If you are there maybe you can see both in person. That invitation of course applies to all who visit here.
Mike

By the way thanks to all for your kind comments regarding the gun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
WOW Mr. Faires, thanks for sharing that incredible work. While I only own working guns I know and appreciate true art when I see it.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
That sure is puurrty!
And the .38 Super caliber adds a cool factor IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts