Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCA's "Rampant Colt" Magazine arrived yesterday. Another phenomenal article..

...from Cam (thecoltguy) in it. A wonderful and thorough look at Colt's Camp Perry Target firearms.

Sadly, Cam hasn't received his copy yet but expects it today.

Cam, congrats my friend, and thanks for yet another great Colt resource study!

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
A really great article from Cam on one of my favorite Colts! After re-reading the article the article, I noticed that the 8" Camp Perry from 1936 did not have the typical short action trigger that defines the shorter barrel models. Also, the 10" Camp Perry shown below the 1936 Camp Perry has a short action type trigger and action. Are these changes or modifications typical of the Camp Perry Models? Jackson

·
The Consummate Collector
6,431 Posts
A really great article from Cam on one of my favorite Colts! After re-reading the article the article, I noticed that the 8" Camp Perry from 1936 did not have the typical short action trigger that defines the shorter barrel models. Also, the 10" Camp Perry shown below the 1936 Camp Perry has a short action type trigger and action. Are these changes or modifications typical of the Camp Perry Models? Jackson
Jack

Sorry for the delay in answering your post but I have been away from the Computer for a few days. The 8" Camp Perry with the full King rib that you refer to below the 1936 gun does have the short action. The 10" Camp Perry with the King front sight just below the 1936 gun also has a short action. It is a late gun and serializes in the high 2300 range. Colt still sold some of the 10" guns after the 8" was introduced and those that I have seen do have the short action. I have not encountered any 8" Camp Perrys with the long action. It appears that after the introduction of the 8" model that Colt shipped every Camp Perry with the short action.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Cam, Thanks for the reply - but the 8" Camp Perry I was referencing was the Boxed CP in the picture noted "this is how the new 8" Camp Perry looked..etc" with the 1936' Blue Label that appears to have the old long action trigger. It sure looks different than in the New Camp Perry brochure. I did have a 10" CP with the short action that also had a "&" marking on the Breech Block. Wished I had that one back. Jackson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts