Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall someone posted about this several years ago. at that time I was against it but my thoughts on it have changed since then.

it's regarding for sale posts in classifieds, I've noticed that there are often members starting a wts just to sell a single small inexpensive item such as rubber grips, a book, manual, etc. often there are several of those posts started the same day by several members. added to the guns for sale ads and sometimes the for sale classifieds get cluttered pretty fast.

we have many more members now than we did when it was proposed years ago, hence many more ads so i'm inquiring if mitch and the forum owners/admins would consider separating the for sale section into 2 separate subforums?
a for sale for guns only, and another for sale section for parts, accessories, etc.

I think it would make things better and easier for members that have something to sell or are looking to buy something.

thoughts?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I second this! The last couple of weeks I’ve found the same thing in the WTB forum. I put a post out for a pistol & a rifle and an hour later there gone off the active page. Ugh... A very good recommendation Ace! Thanks. Chris

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I like the idea but think it could go one step further after all we are a Colt Forum. I think we should have a For Sale "Colt Firearms Only" section then an "All Other Firearms" section as well as the "parts, accessories, etc" section. We do have a lot of other than Colt firearms for sale here which is awesome but to give an example. I have been looking for a used newly released Colt Cobra. Having to look through all the other adds to find a particular gun can be a pain especially when as mentioned the adds will sometimes build up 2 or 3 pages in one day of a lot of "Not Colt Stuff. If there was a "Colt Firearms" only or "Firearms" only section it would make it a lot easier to find something. Anyway just an opinion for someone who does more looking that posting.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I like the idea but think it could go one step further after all we are a Colt Forum. I think we should have a For Sale "Colt Firearms Only" section then an "All Other Firearms" section as well as the "parts, accessories, etc" section. We do have a lot of other than Colt firearms for sale here which is awesome but to give an example. I have been looking for a used newly released Colt Cobra. Having to look through all the other adds to find a particular gun can be a pain especially when as mentioned the adds will sometimes build up 2 or 3 pages in one day of a lot of "Not Colt Stuff. If there was a "Colt Firearms" only or "Firearms" only section it would make it a lot easier to find something. Anyway just an opinion for someone who does more looking that posting.

although I think that would be fine, starting 2 separate subforums is twice as much work as starting one so to not be seen as asking for too much, for now I would be happy with just separating the guns from the other stuff.

I suppose another option would be a colt only for sale which would include colt guns and accessories and a for sale for guns and accessories from other manufactuers but I like just splitting the guns from the other stuff better.
bottom line is it comes down to what mitch and or the forum owners decide.

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
A Sub-Forum being added is a 5 min. job for the guy's and gal's in Canada to add to the forum.

It's All up to Mitch , If he wants to have the added workload of one more topic to move topic's from the wrong Sub-Forum to the other.

The Colt forum is all Mitch's baby to decide what content is here or not, he is the only Moderator and makes all such decisions.

Canada Just maintains the website and gives us the wonderful ad's for us to view. They could care less what the content of this website is, they just want the page/Advertisement views.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I like this proposition, would help give guns the display time they deserve over accessories.

However, I think most of the "clutter" and unfair "bumping" comes from banter in the classifieds. All the daily members here are fully aware of forum policy and the NO BANTER in the classifieds rule. Yet, they still banter in there daily. It's not hard to send a PM to ask a question.

If anything, banter should be getting 3 day suspensions as of now, because it's purely laziness and disregard.

Reactions: Joel6180

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
over 300 views and only a few replies? i'm surprised. :confused:
with as much traffic that the classifieds garner and all the opinions that the forum members hold I figured more of you would have something to say regarding my proposal.

either way, I think breaking up the guns and other accessories in to 2 subforums would just clean things up in classifieds. :cool:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I obviously missed this when it came around earlier this month.
I like the idea of sub-forums for "Guns" and another for "Parts and Accessories."

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been around gun forums for a while, especially S&W Forum. Handejector took over in 2009 and whipped the forum classifieds into shape. Takes a firm hand. No banter permitted. The only acceptable post in a for sale ad is "I'll take it" anything else gets you a demerit and a few demerits gets a suspension. Also divided classified into guns/not guns/wtb and a limit of one active ad per person per section. You can edit your ad as needed.

There were many pinhookers hanging around and they would pounce on every good deal within moments. If you are a dealer or flipper you cannot bid on a gun in the first 24 hours. That helped eliminate many problems. It's a big job and I don't one man could run this forum and moderate classifieds both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts