Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sig P220 and a Sig .22 lr conversion kit. I would like to change the front sight on the conversion slide to a Hi-Viz type sight but they don't make one tall enough. I can live with the rear sight (adjustable for windage and elevation) but am open to changing it as well if necessary. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I bought one of the first Sig 220s to come to my area a long time ago. Paid good money and the sights were fixed shot low and I don't like Kentucky windage. So I contacted Sig and they sent me free of charge several rear sights and instructions as to how much each would change the point of aim. Sig shot better than my custom Colt.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My P220 in .45ACP form shoots right to point of aim at 50 feet. The .22 slide, however needs some work. Another factor is that I would like to use the .22 Sig for rimfire falling plate matches and having the HiViz type front sight would make it easier for my "not so young any more" eyes! As is, I have trouble focusing on the front sight after shooting a few stations in a match. The gun appears to be accurate enough, just need to help the eyes do their job!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
My 220 shot better groups than the Colt but I never could master the double action automatic. The change from double to single was just to difficult in the IPSC matches. Great gun and still own it after all these years and the rear sights Sig sent me worked perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts