Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, Just thought I'd post these pictures of this incredibly gorgeous revolver the store I went to on thursday has for sale. It's not a Colt, But is very, very, sweet. I have absolutely no connection to this store, just thought I might help someone grab this great find. This is a USFC 1873 Model Revolver Doug Turnbull Special in .38 Special Caliber with a 4 3/4" Barrel. Has beautiful synthetic ivory grips, incredible satin chrome finish, and is completely gone over by Doug Turnbull. His work is legendary, he's not cheap, but his work in my opinion from what I've seen is definitely worth it. This unfired pistol has approx. $1800 invested in it, and the asking price is a low $999. Let me know if your seriously interested and I'll hook you up with the contact info. Guys, this gun absolutely must be seen, I was afraid to even handle it, it is that nice. So anyway, here's the photos, shoodaddy

·
Registered
323 Posts
shoodaddy,
WHOA!! I know nothing about cowboy action shooting, but that piece makes me want to learn!
Don

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Don,
One of my bird dog friends has had a couple of well worn American doubles done by Turnbull. He truly can duplicate the old bluing and case coloring methods. His work is top shelf but it is getting very expensive.
Tom

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Don, yeah,it does make you think, doesn't it ? knobmtm is correct and I totally agree with him, Turnbull's work is top shelf. He restored a Sauer Shotgun for a friend of mine about 15 years ago and the case color job he did was incredible, gun looked perfect and like new. Anyway, here's some extra photos to make you and myself continue to drool. Please put a towel on your keyboard, LOL, shoodaddy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts