Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever visited wildwesttreasures.org? Check out his SAA offerings and let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
He's certainly proud to own them...

You have to involve an importer, and the piece 'will' be marked...
Whoa... $$$....I wonder if his asking prices are justifiable though. I mean, how rare are real 1st gen. SAAs in Europe? Can't be many of them floating around I'd imagine.

Great point about the gun be marked for import. Where would they typically mark it? And with what? Sounds terrible.

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Wow... Very nice guns to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I dont know what the rate is the US dollar as opposed to the euro dollar. Maybe you guys didn't look close and take that into consideration??
Years ago when Jack First the gun parts store now in Rapid City used to be in Lancaster California, he had MANY guns from england. Many were colts, winchesters etc that were part of that program during world war two where they had solicited bleeding hearts here to donate guns as they thought england might be invaded. Jack and another gunsmith I knew that worked for him went over and bought many of them to bring back and sell in his shop. Prices were fair, BUT the killer for me was as Dogface6 pointed out, all had a bunch of extra proof marks hammered on the guns.
Really was a big turnoff for me. Not only that, but it seemed most if not all the .22 rifles had the muzzles threaded for silencers. He had a lot of old fine Winchester pumps and levers that were otherwise in nice shape except for that!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ever visited wildwesttreasures.org? Check out his SAA offerings and let me know what you think.
I bought a 1909 saa in 32/20 off him couple years ago.his descriptions are good, and he will haggle with you on the price, i got 500 off the colt i got from him, and he even payed the postage.
had no trouble importing the gun, and we dont have any numbers engraved on it.when it arrives in customs.
Im fairly sure Ives lives part of the year in Arazona.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious what everyone thought of his “artillery” with the 3xxxxx triggerguard and b.s. Typical. Look at his descriptions v.s what they really are.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Some of his descriptions have grammer worse than that of Sam Colt himself!

Colt 1873 US Cavalry/militia single action, cal 45 colt. serial 140078, all matching. Inspected by Renaldo a Carr. Tjis is a correct Us military single action that had two different lifes. It was born as a cavalry and when all sa's were returned to be refurbished and barrels cut to 5 1/2, this one did not get cut, but was kept in the original configuration, at that time inspected by Renaldo A. Carr and send of to the New York Militia (letter K) Info can be found in the cochran book on single actions page 189-192
Perfct adres, correct griops (no cartouche since it bedame a Militaia gun) and overall 20 % blue, remainde a dark brown patina. The barrel is also RAC inspected on the bottom. Bore ha verylight and tiny spots, perfect rifling. Important Correct US single action in great shape.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Ives is a very astute individual. I expect to see him next month. But I must say, his inventory is rather large and I wonder what the market is doing over there.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Did some business with Ives 15 years ago. A pain sending BP SAAs over seas via FEDEX. I digress. My point is that several of his offered SAAs are simply not correct. Sad thing is he knows it.
First time I've ever heard the inspector mark of Mr.A.Kind indicates a NY militia gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts