Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've never registered on a website regarding any firearm until now. Usually you can find me on hi performance boating sites but recently I have gained a huge interest in firearms. My Grandpa was a prison guard back in the 50s and 60s and he has handed down a couple of guns to me. One of them is a .357 Trooper with a serial number in the low 13,000. I have discovered this was mfg in 1958. He also gave me the black bear lined Safety Speed Holster, mfg in Montebello, CA, to go along with it as well.
Along with this gun he also gave me a mint condition Remington model 63 .22lr that has been shot on one occasion he said. It is in just about perfect condition and is a beauty.
I have a few other guns that I have bought as well. The most recent is a Baby Desert Eagle .40 cal.
I also have a P90 .45 Ruger.
My hunting rifle quiver includes three Ruger M77 Mark IIs. .243, .270, and a 30.06....as there is a lot of meat to be had here in Idaho.
I also have grandma's Stevens double barrel 20 gauge shotgun.
As well as a Marlin .22 for my 12 yr old son. Hope you enjoy the pics.
Thanks,
Wicky

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would also like to add that I have shot this .357 a lot as a kid. Growing up on the coast of Southern California, I was fortunate to have a dad that loves to fish. We fished for Mako Sharks quite a bit and this .357 was the gun that killed well over 100 Makos at the gaff.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
welcome to the forum,how does that baby eagle shoot? i always thought they
looked cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It shoots amazingly straight. I really really like that gun a lot.
I've only shot 30 rds through it, so it isn't broken in yet to see how it really performs.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome from Texas Wicky. Great forum for all things Colt, have fun, learn lots, share what you know.

Nice guns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts