Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd see how it was posting pics on the new look Colt Board. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

<font color="red"> Jeff (GUNKWAZY) </font>

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Feel Free to jump in guys and post up some pictures here. Give it a try, it's easy !!!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: Checking out the pictures on the NEW look boar

Testing, 1, 2, 3...

JT

Ha! It worked. That's a US Army M1911 shipped in Nov., 1917.
Colt, of course.

·
Registered
806 Posts
OK, here's a revolver for you, small bore New Frontier vintage around 1972................................

·
Registered
117 Posts

Ejector rod assy and loading gate most resemble a Swiss 1882. Same designer, maybe. More pics, if you're interested.

Covered in Birmingham Post 1904 BP proofs. Matches to the screws. 6 shot in an unknown calibre. No manufacturer's info anywhere.

Here's one proof I couldn't find. Looks like a crown with a highly stylized W underneath.

Brian

·
Registered
991 Posts

This is an old picture. I have about five more to add. Sorry they aren't all Colts. I just wanted to test the new forum and add to the fun:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pictures guys.

Nice collection FT.

Manderson, you keep all those beauties and yet you can't afford sheets for your bed ?
Now that's what I call a REAL collector..LOL

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
991 Posts
You should see my wardrobe...and I don't date either.

My priorities are straight.

I just bought this beauty yesterday:

Nickel .38SP Target 100% w/box and paperwork.

I've been wanting this for a long time to have a matching set of both blue & nickel .38SP Targets. And both have "K" serial numbers.

Guess the underwear will have to last a few more months.

·
Registered
117 Posts

In case anyone is wondering.....

Would you believe it a 9.4mm CF Cal Dutch Military Revolver Mod KNIL 1891. 6 shot 110mm octagonal barrel.

I guess the Crown W is Queen Wilhimena's proof.

If you weren't wondering, oh well.

Brian

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

You just beat me to it!

I saw your picture just now and knew I had seen something like that somewhere before!

I'm pretty sure that it is a Dutch Militairy Revolver Model 1873 OM (old model).

Manufacturers named in my catalogue name three:
P. Stevens from Maastricht,
Eduard de Beaumont also from Maastricht and Leonard Soleil and JFJ Bear from Delft.

Now the KNIL was the Royal Netherlands Indian Army which served until the 1950's in the Dutch Indies, what we now know as the Republic of Indonesia. That timeframe matches the reign of Queen Wilhelmina.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Oops, never drink while you try to explain something to a proud owner of a piece of dutch heritage!

You are right, it is a model 91, but it was originally made as a police revolver. In later years it was shipped to
the Dutch Indies and issued to police departments and the KNIL.

They came in 2 calibres and here comes the hick-up: 10mm (10 x 27 Rand -as possibly in Rimfire) and 9.4 mm which was also used in the 1873 model.

Manufacturerwise I
still can name JFJ Bear from Delft or the famous Vickers company from the UK.

Sorry for my mistake, hope I
could still be of any help!

Gunsmoke.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts