Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to score this 1950 made Colt Challenger about a year ago on GB.

Well I still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because of all the stupidness going on right now with ammo. I have plenty of .22's but they are all "High Velocity".

Would it be OK to run this ammo out of my Pony?

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
The last "standard velocity" Model S pistols were made in 1932. All since then have a heat-treated mainspring housing and are safe for high velocity ammunition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do these have any relation to the Browning Challenger pistols. They look similar. I know a guy who is looking to sell a Browning Challenger III and was thinking of picking it up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The last "standard velocity" Model S pistols were made in 1932. All since then have a heat-treated mainspring housing and are safe for high velocity ammunition.
That's good to know, I have one just like that cept mine has a thumb rest on the left grip panel. Shot mine w/ 5 types of ammo & they all grouped nice and tight & also shot to point of aim.

Very nice older 22 auto, about the only thing I miss is a lock open after the last shot.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Do these have any relation to the Browning Challenger pistols.
Remotely. The Colt Model S .22 pistol was designed by John Browning. The Challenger has the name "Browning" on it, but that is its only connection with John Browning. In addition, both are .22 caliber semi-automatic pistols with vaguely similar appearance. That is all the connection I can make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts