Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've been on this wierd "Suicide Special" kick as of late I come up with some really strange stuff on Google. Check this out:

Chicago unsafe handgun roster

Look at all of the obsolete cheap antique handguns that are illegal in Chicago. The streets are so much safer there because of it.
I'd hate to get shot by some punk in Chicago carrying a Blue Jacket or a Half Breed in .32 or .38 rimfire!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
You are about as likely to encounter one of those antiques on a Chicago street as spying an UZI at a SASS event.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Notice the list also includes all Colt deringers.
Probably not long before they try and remove the "deringer" part of that notation. And "Daisy" for goodness sakes. Or am I just stoopid and there is a firearm manufacturer out there that shares the same name as the "BB" gun maker.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
I volunteer to take those in the pictures off Chicago's hands and keep those dangerous weapons from menacing the public.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Probably not long before they try and remove the "deringer" part of that notation. And "Daisy" for goodness sakes. Or am I just stoopid and there is a firearm manufacturer out there that shares the same name as the "BB" gun maker.
Daisy did make .22 rifles at one time. Perhaps there was an inexpensive handgun by that name as well. Not very intimidating though. "Stop where you are, or I'll shoot you with my Daisy!"

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Daisy did make .22 rifles at one time. Perhaps there was an inexpensive handgun by that name as well. Not very intimidating though. "Stop where you are, or I'll shoot you with my Daisy!"
By gum, I am just a little bit stoopid, but just a little bit less so now...never knew Daisy made a .22 rifle. Thanks Chaffee for "learning" me something new. This is why I like this forum.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Perhaps it's now time to change the name of Chicago to "Nannyville". I have yet to see why at least some of these listed guns are "unsafe". An example is the Bodeo which is a full-sized Italian service revolver firing an 11mm cartridge. The gun has a rebounding hammer, a positive hammer block, and an Abadie loading gate which disconnects the hammer from the trigger while the gate is open. I suppose the "logic" was that it was foreign and antique so it must be unsafe. The clowns that run Chicago are a waste of good oxygen.

Buck

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Daisy made the caseless .22 ammo for their rifles. Am I imagining it or did they build a handgun for it as well?

Great Western was on the list.

I agree with rhmc24. Send those unwanted guns to me. The island of misfit handguns...Has a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ive got a Daisy .22 that i bought new about 5 years ago for 69.95. Cheap pot metal construction. Not much of a gun but for the price, i figured it might be aconversation piece someday.I guess i was right.

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
Since I've been on this wierd "Suicide Special" kick as of late I come up with some really strange stuff on Google. Check this out:

Chicago unsafe handgun roster

Look at all of the obsolete cheap antique handguns that are illegal in Chicago. The streets are so much safer there because of it.
I'd hate to get shot by some punk in Chicago carrying a Blue Jacket or a Half Breed in .32 or .38 rimfire!

Sounds like 90 percent of that stuff would do well at any 'Antique Arms Show'.

How insane to even bother 'Banning' so many Arms no one but a Collector would ever see or even hear of..!

Not to belabor the point, that many of them are quite valuable Antiques.

Is this a Cumulative List that began a Century ago or something?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I noticed "Hi-Point firearms" on the list.
Interesting.

rayb

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hopefully the "Rob Roy" uses cheap Scotch and vermouth; wonder what's the most dangerous: the rocks glass or the rocks? -Asa

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW, I had no idea there was that many different gun manufacturers I have never heard of.
90% or more of those are just brand names of the millions of "suicide special" revolvers that the various manufacturers made back between the 1870s and 1900 or so. The bulk of them made by Hopkins & Allen, Forehand & Wadsworth, Hood etc.

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
Was the .44 RF 'Swamp Angel' on the list?

I still want one of those in a BIG way...I'd have bought one of them back when, for sure.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was the .44 RF 'Swamp Angel' on the list?

I still want one of those in a BIG way...I'd have bought one of them back when, for sure.
Yes that is on the list. I still want one is well. Thats one of the things I'm always searching for on Gunbroker. They can be pricey though.
I of course want one with the snub nose barrel. There is one on there now with a longer barrel. Mis-spelled so it doesn't come up in a search:

Forehand & Wadsworth Swamp Angle : Antique Guns at GunBroker.com

But they just don't look as good with that long barrel on them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts