Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned way back in February that I scored a 1924 Police Positive (Not Police Positive Special) with a 2" .38 special barrel that was obviously cut down, with 500 rounds of nice Remington ammo for $200 total. The ammo was priced at $18 a box, so I feel like I paid $20 for a shooter grade Police Positive. I've realized a few things since then. The gun is incredibly inaccurate. Worse than any gun should be just because it has a short barrel. Anything past 7 yards, my groups get pretty big. Maybe part of that's me, but I think it's mostly because of it having the wrong barrel. Also, the grips are in really good condition. There are four hardly noticeable scratches, three being on the very bottom of the left grip. You have to look really closely to notice any of them. I'd like to know if they are original, how much you guys think both the gun and the grips are really worth, and anything else you can tell me. Thanks for all the help in advance, and let me know if you need any more pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ha, I have a 1907 police positive. 38, but not special. Somebody chopped the barrel on mine to back in the day. I don't have the front tang like you do, maybe I should solder 1 on. Let me know on you feedback please

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
A recrown is not too difficult, something a local gunsmith should be able to do. If you are handy you may be able to do it at home....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts