Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my wife said to get my own present so I ordered one of these, it should arrive next week. Sorry it's not a Colt but I've wanted one for many years and a local Law Enforcement Only gun shop said they coud get me one for a bout $400 less that other local shops I pulled the trigger. I had to have the wood stock of course but otherwise it's a standard model with the 22" barrel. I shot the M14 in the Marines and fell in love with it so it has been on my wish list for many years. Don't bash me for not getting a Colt this is almost as good in my eyes and can't wait to shoot it. Let me know what you guys think of the M1A1, it just does something for me the black rifles does not.

jN3ZlQX.png

By the way this is my Black Rifle, not bad but not the same warm feeling :)

photo 1.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Simply elegant. I've had a few models of the M14/M1A over the years, but regardless of selling/trading away, I've always kept at least one. They are wonderful rifles, fully up for any task you ask of them. My current rifle is a Roland Beaver custom build. I'm longing for another Scout model, which I never should have gotten rid of in the first place.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This M1A1 can shoot a lot more accurate from a distance than I can these days with my old eyes but at 17 years old in the Marines I could pick crap off with this thing it was beautiful at the long distance ranges the bases had.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend of mine has the short barreled on maybe a Socom or something but the muzzle blast is incredible from that thing. It sure gets everyone's attention at the range when he pops one off, wake up!

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was introduced to that great rifle the same place you were. Enjoy your Christmas present, I have not been without one for decades. I most recently had mine out for our Veterans Day shoot and was decimating pumpkins with full magazines of tracers. Oh yea, great rifle.

We started a range fire at the Camp Pendleton range in the early 70's using tracers at night. Got drunk and snuck out there one Saturday night with all the tracers we could load and started going to town. Too drunk to realize the fire hazard but man did we have fun and yes I know drinking was not a good mix but Vietnam does that to you :O Almost got in trouble over that but the MP's never could figure out which one of us did it but a royal ass chewing was in order but was worth it. Ahh to be young again.

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
One of my favorites is my 1973 vintage low three-digit Devine M1A. Except for the receiver of course, it has all GI parts, including the stock with its filled-in selector switch notch. It definitely feels different from a "plastic" rifle.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Well my wife said to get my own present so I ordered one of these, it should arrive next week. Sorry it's not a Colt but I've wanted one for many years and a local Law Enforcement Only gun shop said they coud get me one for a bout $400 less that other local shops I pulled the trigger. I had to have the wood stock of course but otherwise it's a standard model with the 22" barrel. I shot the M14 in the Marines and fell in love with it so it has been on my wish list for many years. Don't bash me for not getting a Colt this is almost as good in my eyes and can't wait to shoot it. Let me know what you guys think of the M1A1, it just does something for me the black rifles does not.

View attachment 446898

By the way this is my Black Rifle, not bad but not the same warm feeling :)

View attachment 446922
What I like about it the most is,IT LOOKS LIKE A REAL GUN

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
You are correct I have known Roger for over 20 years and this is my 5th vette I have bought from him, great people to deal with by the way.
Thought so. I bought a rare, 1 of 92, Corvette from him and interviewed him for the modeling of his famous '69 yellow ZL-1 coupe.

Sorry, no desire to hijack your thread; back to your beautiful M-14!

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That ZL1 is bad a$$, I was just there a couple weeks ago week looking at it and he started it up - eargasm! Sorry but if you’ve ever heard one run you know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts