Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
I found one of those aluminum ones but in a 1851 Navy at an antique mall one time, plus a real 51 Navy/Navy conversion......and that's one of the reasons I frequent them. :)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI I paid a whopping $18 for the aluminum Colt Six Shooter,
I think that is about what a real Colt cost back in the day. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fond memories. As a kid in the early '50s Lytle advertised these in comic books for about $2 each as I remember. I was torn between a copy of the Colt SAA or the S&W copy known as the "Spanish Moxley". Like a fool I ordered the "Moxley" 'cuz I could be a Cowboy or Cop depending upon my mood with a 6" barreled gun. Never forget the day it arrived and the enjoyment I had over the next few years, along with the guys that waited in line to use it. This lasted 'til I got my first real gun, A Stevens break open 22 rifle in about 1953? Sorry for the Long rant.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
IMG_1671.JPG

I wonder if we have consecutive serial numbers? I've had this Colt for 60 years. I have a near identical Buntline Special somewhere around the office. I got the latter by sending cereal boxtops to Kelloggs.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Wow, those take me back.

Built the plastic one from the kit in the late 1950's and gave it away when I found the alum holster forming version soon after, at one of my 1st gun shows. Still have that one for.......yep, holster forming.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fond memories. As a kid in the early '50s Lytle advertised these in comic books for about $2 each as I remember. I was torn between a copy of the Colt SAA or the S&W copy known as the "Spanish Moxley". Like a fool I ordered the "Moxley" 'cuz I could be a Cowboy or Cop depending upon my mood with a 6" barreled gun. Never forget the day it arrived and the enjoyment I had over the next few years, along with the guys that waited in line to use it. This lasted 'til I got my first real gun, A Stevens break open 22 rifle in about 1953? Sorry for the Long rant.
Thanks forbackground info on manufactureer . There is only one marking on gun frame a number “2” stamped on frame. I google Lytle Cast Aluminum and found this info.
C299CD00-E01A-4BE3-ACF4-1F11391979F5.jpeg 80B19C34-DA24-4784-A015-524B783E647A.jpeg 80BA3DB7-C4E5-4321-B508-FC8A1F82A89F.jpeg

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
View attachment 452777

I wonder if we have consecutive serial numbers? I've had this Colt for 60 years. I have a near identical Buntline Special somewhere around the office. I got the latter by sending cereal boxtops to Kelloggs.
I remember Revell having several model pistols, I had 4 or 5 of them in my youth. It's fun to play with one 60 years later. This one sits in it's original stand in a curio cabinet now. Revell and Mattel had some neat items before political correctness arrived. What a different world back then.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I have a box. I used to have a plastic Daisy (I think it was) but don't know what happened to it. I don't think I ever had the gun for this box.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
This pot metal version came off of a lamp. It stood vertical, butt down and the wiring ran into the butt and out the barrel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts