Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter finds me spending more time inside at the laptop while watching shows. It's a dangerous combo, as I peruse the inter webs too much. Finding this online a few months ago and being curious as to the quality, I traded a few gift cards and cashed in customer points for it, around $600 if I remember correct. Life would be far cheaper if I'd just go outside and lay in a snowbank. I have no idea if ole Teddy even had one like this. I know he had a few nice engraved guns that this could be modeled after, who knows.....

The engraving isn't bad for computer laser work but it's NOTHING like old school hand engraving. Most of it is embellished nicely with a few spots where it looks like they just stuck something there to fill a void. The scrimshawed plastic grips look a little cheesy. The fit and finish is actually pretty good and the action is really smooth, nice distinct clicks and a decent trigger pull. The BP cylinder pin screw is tacky and I really don't like it, so I'll have to track down a nickel screw to replace it perhaps. The one piece plastic grips are a first for me but they actually feel decent, unlike last century's plastic junk.

I didn't get it to admire, although it's not bad really. I got it to bang around, shoot a lot (both at the range and at the TV, hopefully not at the same time), leave laying on the table by the fire pit and just because....never really needed much of another reason I suppose. I only own one Uberti (10mm) and now this Cimarron/Pietta. Gotta say, for the price and build quality, really pretty darned good for what you pay.
Wood Trigger Revolver Machine gun Air gun

Revolver Automotive tire Sculpture Font Personal protective equipment

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Wood

Bicycle part Kitchen utensil Drinkware Nickel Tool

Light Black Font Metal Auto part

Material property Revolver Shotgun Metal Font

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
What the heck is that in there now?!?!?

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
It is what it is! Overall good looking gun.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Winter finds me spending more time inside at the laptop while watching shows. {SNIP}
I didn't get it to admire, although it's not bad really. I got it to bang around, shoot a lot (both at the range and at the TV, hopefully not at the same time), leave laying on the table by the fire pit and just because....never really needed much of another reason I suppose. I only own one Uberti (10mm) and now this Cimarron/Pietta. Gotta say, for the price and build quality, really pretty darned good for what you pay.
Very Nice Inspector...if you find the time, would you post a pic or two of the Cimarron Uberti 10mm revolver...Thanks !!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The Cimarron I bought (new) had the thumb screw installed in the gun, and the standard screw was in a piece of styrofoam.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very Nice Inspector...if you find the time, would you post a pic or two of the Cimarron Uberti 10mm revolver...Thanks !!

It's the same one I posted before in another thread. Here you go sir!

Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Wood Air gun

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
The Cimarron I bought (new) had the thumb screw installed in the gun, and the standard screw was in a piece of styrofoam.
I bought 2, and my friend bought one. Neither had 2 screws included. I asked the salesman at Sportsman's Warehouse, and he said the guns like this and others with black powder frames came with only the thumb screw. So, maybe they came both ways. Mine and my friends were recent purchases.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They gotta know they are building a reproduction firearm and the looks are what it is all about so they go and add a plumbing fixture to the front? Truth is stranger then fiction.

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Nice guns. Congrads! I had two. They both shot great. Jim Martin talked me out of one of them. The laser engraving copied Roosevelt's original 7.5", 44-40 for the most part. His was gold and silver plated with carved ivory. He pretty much wore it out while in the Dakotas. My first one, that Jim got, shot a bit left. The other one is dead nuts on.

(29) Cimarron/Pietta "Laser engraved TR" in .45 Colt. | Colt Forum

Automotive lighting Nickel Lock Jewellery Household hardware

TR's actual gun.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Shotgun Everyday carry

And how it looked right after Louis Daniel Nimschke engraved it.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Rectangle Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Nice guns. Congrads! I had two. They both shot great. Jim Martin talked me out of one of them. The laser engraving copied Roosevelt's original 7.5", 44-40 for the most part. His was gold and silver plated with carved ivory. He pretty much wore it out while in the Dakotas. My first one, that Jim got, shot a bit left. The other one is dead nuts on.

(29) Cimarron/Pietta "Laser engraved TR" in .45 Colt. | Colt Forum

View attachment 765863

TR's actual gun.
View attachment 765870

And how it looked right after Louis Daniel Nimschke engraved it.
View attachment 765869
No kidding! That's great to see TR's original gun! Still waiting on a day to hit the range and see if it's dead on or slightly left....maybe Jim wants two. :LOL:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts