Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Cincinnati Bill Goodman's gun show this weekend. While it's known that the Goodman show isn't the best, it was fun for this newbie. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Contrary to the Florida show Robba posted, this one had several nice Colts and lots of Smith's. Prices weren't bad either. Saw a couple of 4" Diamondback NIB around $800.00. From what I'm reading that seems to be decent. Didn't buy anything. My Diamondback is fine for me (for now). Several Pythons too. Prices on those about what you see on the web. I'll probably go back in November.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Mike, do they still have the Goodman show in the one small second level room of the Sharonville Convention Center? The Goodman shows I attended there were always dominated by the same dealers, with the same old SKS stuff, and things of that nature. Very few handguns, or reloading items, and collectable stuff was so scarce, I stopped going to that show, and it was off the schedule for a while, so it's been a couple of years, maybe longer, since I've been there.
I was curious to know if they expanded the show beyond the one small room, and if the content had improved enough to warrant an 80 mile one way drive. How many tables would you guess?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sounds like the show we were looking for. We collect mostly Colts, and Smiths. We would have probably spent all of our cash stash. We are hoping the "snowbirds" from up your way bring down a new bunch of old revolvers to trade for Keltec protection guns. November is just a month away!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
As was mentioned, I also have observed that the Goodman shows are dominated by the same sellers from show to show at a particular location. But, I once attended the Dayton Ohio show and was really pleased with what I saw there. I found a NIB 22 Courier that I did not have enough money for and I was out of state.... dealer wasn't looking for Fed form anyway, but I still didn't have enough money with me. Apparently, that is one of his more successful show locations. It used to be once a month (I believe).

The new gun sellers go from show to show with Goodman. The collector type tables do not necessarily travel but stay local (big dealers excluded not that many ever have tables at his shows anyway).

I went to the Nashville Show this spring and was pleased. But, I had not attended one for years, so I was like a kid in a candy store. As I recall, I picked up a 98% 22 Trooper at that show.

I tend to go to shows when I have extra cash. Can't stand to see stuff I really want and have no way to buy it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, realize that I am new to this so my opinion will be from that perspective. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yes the Goodman show was at the Sharonville Convention center upper level. My guess is around 50-60 tables. Sure lots of SKS type stuff but I was pleased with the amount of handguns. Plenty of new and used and some collectible. As a newbie I was wide eyed. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif It was lots of fun.

Is it worth an 80 mile trip? Hard to say. If you have bigger shows closer, maybe not. If you are a serious collector, maybe not. If you have nothing better to do on a Saturday,don't mind a little car ride and are a gun nut, I say go for it. If it's being combined with lunch at Skyline chili, it's a must! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Heck I'll even join you for November.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I say go for it. If it's being combined with lunch at Skyline chili, it's a must! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Heck I'll even join you for November.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skyline?....With a Cracker Barrel just up the road?..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, Cracker Barrel it is. I have to admit, Cracker Barrel is a sure thing for traveling. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts