Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following with interest the recall events as they happen in Colorado. Good for you Colorado citizens! You have my respect for standing up for your rights. I wouldn't be surprised of our Colorado members signed the petitions. I sure hope they did.

Colorado judge refuses to block recall elections over gun control votes | Fox News

It seems these two politicians are hanging on by their fingernails. I imagine they are loath to lose their perks and big pensions. This is not a criticism of Colorado. The elected officials in PA. are more venal and corrupt anyday. Here, the judge would have gone along with the politicians (if it was a different issue than gun rights). They did exactly the same thing with a union ruling about 20 years ago. They used hyper critical language to prevent state worker members of ASFCME from resigning from the union before a contract expired. They didn't want to lose all those union dues!

Back to topic - kudos to the Colorado citizens who signed those petitions :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fortunately Colorado Springs and Pueblo were able to get more than enough signatures to force the recall for these two Senators. There were two other recall efforts that fell short but that was due to lack of funding and volunteers.

With the Liberals holding the majority in our House and Senate and a pansy Liberal Governor it wasn't hard to pass what ever guns laws they wanted. It certainly didn't help Conservatives when Bloomberg and Bambi interfered. What turned my stomach was our Gay/Liberal Speaker of the House giving his boyfriend a tongue sandwich after getting his civil union law passed. Just couldn't wait to do it in private.

The problem with Colorado is the Californicators who. like the locust, have destroyed their state and moved on to continue their destruction here and elsewhere. With elections coming in 2014 I think the recall petitions were more symbolic to get the voters stirred up. The Sheriffs lawsuit will undoubtedly take a long time in the courts. As bad as what our new gun laws were I like many other residents had three months to buy as many high capacity firearms and mags as we could afford and be grandfathered in as legal. The first LGS I went to had about 15 AR-15's on the wall along with a pallet of PMC X-TAC .223 ammo in 1000rd. cases. You pass stupid laws and end up adding tens of thousands more weapons and mags in the hands of your citizenry. In the mind of a Liberal you can never be held accountable for bad legislature because good intentions always trump bad results.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hope they are able to take back the state. Was planning a trip to Colorado this summer, but after all the legislation passed, so did I. We'll be spending our vacation dollars in Texas & Utah this year. And the trip to Utah is being planned so we do not even need to stop for gas in Colorado.

Vote with your pocketbook folks.

Reactions: Malysh
1 - 3 of 3 Posts