Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the range yesterday shooting my Challenger .22. I was cleaning it tonight but can't get the patch all the way through the barrel. Could there be that much lead build up and what to do?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Either use a bore light to look down the barrel, or use your fingernail to look down the barrel to make sure it is clear. Also you might want to cut the patches in half or one quarter. This works for me. Just make sure it is unloaded before looking down the barrel. Sorry to say this, but I have seen a guy not make sure first. Good luck. Dennis

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,891 Posts
Some .22 ammo may cause leading in some guns, and sometimes for no reason you can detect a barrel will lead up.

If you're using a new type of ammo this might be the cause. Usually better quality brass or copper plate .22 bullet ammo will lead much less then standard wax lubed ammo.

If it is leading, use a .22 bore brush and solvent to clean it thoroughly. One trick to help is to give the bore a good shot of Kroil and let it soak a day or so. The Kroil will penetrate under the leading and lift it off so it will brush out much easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts