Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Any recommendations on a good cleaning kit for the 6920?

thank you for your time

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use a bore snake, old rags to wipe down the upper receiver (inside). relube with your fav lube and you're GTG,

·
Registered
852 Posts
The boresnake isn't a bad idea for a take along.
An other alternative is a GI cleaning kit, which will contain a chamber brush, bore brush, cleaning rod and jag, and room for patches and lube. It's a steel rod, but that will hurt nothing if used from the breech end. I like the chamber brush because it also cleans out the locking lug recesses. Toss in some pipe cleaners and Q-tips, and you're ready to take on the world.
I keep a one-piece rod in the shop, but the GI kit goes along where the rifle goes. Won't be the first time an M4gery was cleaned with a GI rod...:)
Moon

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone try Froglube in their AR?

Sig Sauer recommended it to me. They claim their auto's shoot faster...I don't have a auto, but it is a bio safe product and was invented by a ex-SEAL.
My AR upper is all FrogLube, but I have not been to the range yet.
You have to remove all oil and grease before applying FrogLube because it hates oil and will not work as well, as I was told by Sig.

I have a S&W model 60 (1980) that has not been fired much. I am the 2nd owner. Very very tight revolver. I replaced the oil with froglube and the cylinder falls out and spins faster. Not much of a test, but time will tell with my AR.
Here is their website if you are interested.

FrogLube HomePage ~ It Just Works!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Frog lube is all I run....use for carbines, bolt rifles and pistols. Wipe of parts is a breeze and each subsequent use I use less and less lube/cleaner. Lube stays were it's put and doesn't evaporate.

Pretty much why I only use a bore snake too, I feel no need for all the other stuff. No matter how many rounds I shoot in a session, 100-500, I run the bore snake through 4-5 times and done.
More people probably wear out barrels from over cleaning and rod use than firing rounds.

Frog lube is non-toxic, washes off hands easily, etc.

Great stuff, but op asked for cleaning kit.
Cleaning products are like anything else, you'll get 100 different opinions.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The pipe cleaners are a great idea. Just keep 'em the hell out of the gas tube. The tube does not need cleaning, so none of those yard long pipe cleaners that they sell at the gunshow.
And a big '+1' on pazzo's remark about over cleaning; no need to do it to death. Do use the cleaning rod from the breech end.
Moon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts