Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned the Diamondback well tonight and thought of a question. Should I use lube on a revolver and if so where? And another question. My Diamondback has a bit of rust on the barrel and some spots on the cylinder. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Should I avoid further shooting until I have Colt reblue the gun?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,904 Posts
To lube your Diamondback, cock the hammer and put one SMALL drop of lube down the front of the hammer.
With the hammer still cocked, put one drop in front of the trigger.

Put one drop down one side of the hammer. (Either side).
Work the action a few times to distribute the lube.

Open the cylinder and put one drop of lube in the front of the cylinder where the crane enters it.

Put one drop of lube on the crane where it enters the frame.

Put one drop of lube on the crane where the ejector enter it, then work the ejector a few times.

For the rust, get a good penetrating fluid like Kroil.
Apply a heavy coat to the rusty areas and let soak over night.

Next day, apply more fluid, then use a brass toothbrush and/or a brass scraper made from a squashed cartridge case to brush and scrape the rut off.

Wipe clean, then apply lube to protect it.

Unlike using polishes or steel wool, this method will remove the rust without further damaging the blue.

If you keep a coat of lube on the gun, further rust will be prevented, and you can still shoot the gun until you get around to having it refinished.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. I really love this gun and certainly want to take proper care of it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts