Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first det. spl. today,as my very first revolver love the blue finish,as it is almpst new in the box.as i was cleanig it.I"m debating whether to leave a little bit of oil all over the gun and wrap it with cotton cloth.i live here in florida and it very humid.i use brek free clp.please help me how to store it properly..thank you very much in advance for your help..

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You have one more thing that is worse than what was mentioned. SALT. I have a OMM Single Action that is 98% except is has a rusted hammer. The gun probably came from Florida or a location close to the ocean. We have a lot of humidity in Kansas as well but I'm not too concerned with rust.

I would not advise wrapping guns in anything. I have a dry rod in my safe and apply light oil about every 3 months. The steel is dry after 3 months.

Where will place your revolver? Is it for home defense or put away for shooting? i.e. How will you be storing the gun?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks addicted,i store my guns in safe.and im sure get the paper vapor,from brownell.myt goal is to get 2"barrell in new condition or close to new.hey addicted or somebody,i saw at one of the pawn shop a 2" phython with what looks like ivory grip and the guy said its from the 60s no box but in good condition,he is asking for 1200 is that a reasonable price.i try to look at gunbroker or gunsamerica for comparison before i make an offer but i cant fine one.once again thanks for the help..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts