Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me value this revolver, i have scoured the net and can find nothing. i have seen mention of the .38, but not the .32. mine is mint, blue is 100%.this is not an exageration. it has been fired, but not much ( 50 rds., maybe less?). it doesn't even have turn marks on the cylinder. i've got the box, papers and original sales reciept! ($101.00 plus tax, purchased in 1970). serial# A67XXX. i am the third owner. it went from an elderly woman to my father (i also have a little note from her putting the transfer from her to my dad in writing). then to me. i love this little revolver. i am torn between carrying it or just storeing it and looking at it from time to time. i wish i had two!! Anything you can tell me about this will be greatly appreciated. my dad just gave it to me about a month ago and i haven't carried it outside the house yet. thanks.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I don't think there is anything unusual about your Cobra. They were made in .22LR,.32Colt NP, .38Colt NP, and .38SPL all on an alloy lightweight "D" frame. It is a "First Issue" gun and was actually made in 1969 per your serial number.
Ammo is hard to come though and not very popular.
Value is hard to say as you don't see many in .32 Colt NP, but my experience is that a lot of people shy away from unusual calibers unless you are a collector looking for that particular gun. A guess would be in the $400-425 if as you describe.
Hope this is of some help.

P.S. Once it has been fired, even fifty rounds, it is no longer 100%, IMHO.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-23-2004).]

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You didn't say what bbl. length the Cobra was,and if its 3 or 4 inches(compared to the usual 2") it will bring a slight premium over the $400-425 diamondback68 states,which I agree is in the right ball park(unless you find a dedicated Cobra collector,who will up the ante). I don't agree about the ammo as being hard to find. .32 Colt New Police was Colts name for the .32 S&W LONG,but with a bluntnose bullet. This .32 is available most everywhere,and I've seen fairly new stuff at Gunshows for under $7.50 for 50. BUT in factory loading this is NOT a load I'd wanna stake my life on. I handload,and can bring this load up to "factory".32 Magnum velocities(interesting that some guys on the S&W Forum are having nocturnal emissions over this 15 year old cartridge at present). The other problem with carrying your Cobra,is that the anodized finish on the allow frame,grip straps,and trigger guard will wear off much quicker than the blued steel barrel and cylinder,even in a good holster(I just passed on buying a mint early model Agent,as it was "too nice" to slip in a pocket.) Sounds like a great gun though,and it is quite rare in .32 and a major bonus for value that you have the box and "paper trail" of ownership! Bud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts