Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post # one
Shooting since 1957,just figured out the cobra first issue
fits my hand perfectly.Light,compact and just right.
I am looking for suggestions for a decent inside the waist
holster.
Thank You for any help.
Cool Forum!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a Cobra from 1955 that I carry nearly everyday for my CCW. Usually I use a holster from Bell Charter Oaks and couldn't be happier with it. I've also had very good luck with Matt Defatti in the past as well. Your mileage my vary. Congrats on finding a new old gun.

Dave
Bell Charter Oak Holster
Matt Delfatti

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I have a Cobra from 1955 that I carry nearly everyday for my CCW. Usually I use a holster from Bell Charter Oaks and couldn't be happier with it. I've also had very good luck with Matt Defatti in the past as well. Your mileage my vary. Congrats on finding a new old gun.

Dave
Bell Charter Oak Holster
Matt Delfatti

[/ QUOTE ]

Two very high quality makers.Now I will need to think about
the choices.Thank You for the links.Super helpful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I carry a 1960 vintage Cobra every day in a holster from Bell Charter Oak. I'm very happy with it. Well made, a quality holster. He has "modern" styles of holsters and also some nice vintage designs if that's what you prefer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats two votes for BCO. Which holsters are you guys using
and how do you usually dress to conceal.
Thanks Again

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have to honest personally I don't care for the IWB carry. It's just never been to comfortable for me. I have a Delfatti with a wing that I use with my Colt Officers Model. For the Cobra I usually use the BCO Half Breed with a long shirt. I've found for my build even a Polo shirt usually suffices with the Half Breed. If I really need to keep it hidden I use the KN Null SMZ shoulder holster.

K.N. Null

I can wear that under almost shirt and it's a very small print with the Cobra. But if you do purchase the KN Null holster be very careful when learning to use it properly.

Dave

·
Registered
39 Posts
For iwb, the Chicago Rocker. Though iwb carry is more comfortable with an auto than with a revolver. The holster I use most is not currently listed on the BCO site. It's the 8 ball iirc. I use it with relaxed fit wrangler jeans (and shorts) and it just disappears into my pocket. BCO does currently list a couple of pocket holsters. They are ambidextrous (my 8 ball isn't). Untucked polo or vest for the iwb. Don't have to worry with the pocket carry. One of these days I may buy the Gumshoe model just for nostalgia.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in the land of light clothing.
I am going to go with the CHI.rocker-chestnut.
Retro enough and similar to what I have used before.
This is the only place I know to find somebody
who actually carries a cobra.
Thank You Again for your help.
MY BEST
John

·
Registered
400 Posts
No problem I hope I helped a little bit. You can't get much more light clothing land than Louisiana where I live. Please do me a favor and let me know what you think about the holster when you get it and had a chance to use it for a little bit? I was thinking about either that one or the deep drop IWB from BCO for future purchases.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will let you know. That was the other choice for me
also.I wore a rough out clip-on for years with a mod.36,but I had to pay attention to it.I will carry rarely,I do think for all day constant carry the Tuckers looked good.
Thanks Again
John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts