Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Lurking for a while and finally getting around to posting. I have a 1976 Cobra in need of a serious refinish. It was my dad's and at some point he decided with all the pocket wear it would be better off with out the finish on the frame. I cannot remember it ever having a finish on the frame and I can remember him having it for 20 years, so I am sure that he did not know that there were any other options, and he thought that it looked better with no finish instead of a rough looking one. But I want to put a black/blue finish back on it. Question is, Who is the best for this type of finish, alloy frame? Would Colt do this? Is there somone else that would be better? I really don't care about the resale value, this one is not going anywhere. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brownell's sells Gun Kote, an inexpensive, spray on finish that I have had good luck with on alloy receivers. The "Gun Metal Blue" finish is quite nice. Another good thing is if you screw up (runs, etc) you can clean it off with acetone <font color="red"> </font> before <font color="black"> </font> you bake it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts