Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nothing like what we will see mid. Feb I suspect but it was snowing for the first time this morning, windy and cold. Snow all around us 360 degrees now so it won't be long before it starts piling up and covering what is left of the pasture grass. Broke out the woolies to get stuff done this morning. So for me winter is "officially" here. Some time off now to reload, rebuild a SAA or two and head to the indoor range after feeding and busting ice.

Some of the new kids on our block hadn't seen woolies yet so they were curious this afternoon. You'd think I was a bear by the way Cozmo is looking at me :rolleyes:. Funny critters. Wife thought it worth a picture :cool: Incredible day here, hope you enjoyed yours!

He's gotta chew on it for a bit to make sure it aint gonna bite back :)

Snow in the foothills......

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Your place seems idyllic to me, a guy that grew up 5 miles from Kennedy Airport (Yeah, I know, rhmc24 hated living there...). At least we had the ocean 5 minutes away (great!).

The hills are beautiful. So are the horses.
But, I bet it's a lot of hard work. Great pictures, thanks!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sorry guys, 75. degrees and partly cloudy here. Probably no snow here this winter but it might get below freezing for a few days. Makes up for the hot summers!

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
LeverActionBill said:
We've had snow here in the SW Bighorns for about a week.
Had snow in the Owyhees for that and a bit longer. But just goes to show you why no one in their right mind besides the cows, lives in Wyoming or the Owyhees :)

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
We had better than a week of -30 at night in January this year.
This particular night it went to -34.

Yep, winters are cold, The roads suck, now go back to where you came!

I really do like your outfit and your horses are BEAUTIFUL!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LeverActionBill said:
I really do like your outfit and your horses are BEAUTIFUL!
Yes Sir! That is cold :) Appreciated. I am pretty partial to our ponies :eek:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
1 degree above zero here at 0600 this morning. Down here on the river we got about 3" of snow on the ground; a lot of good moisture before it turned to snow. Lots of geese in the area, lot of them being taken. Mule deer seem plentiful this year.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Yahoody, great pics of your horses and I didn't know they were curious like that. Kind of reminds me of how my dogs act if I put something new on. They have to check it out. I have to say I don't envy your weather.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kid Sopris said:
had you moved just a few miles North, like Star...You could have been enjoying balmy weather in the 40's with no rain...
Ya I hear that chit when I go over to Bean's, "you're on the other side of the valley" . I roll my eyes too :rolleyes:

22 here last night and suppose to hit 46 this afternoon and just 10 to 12 mph on the wind. Beautiful, clear, crisp day here.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
ussmanlovede36 said:
... great pics of your horses and I didn't know they were curious like that. Kind of reminds me of how my dogs act if I put something new on. They have to check it out. I have to say I don't envy your weather.
Thanks USS! Weather isn't so bad really. Nice 4 seasons here for sure and I don't get flooded like Kid does on the other side of the valley. But we do get some serious wind on occasion.

Big dog fans here too along with the horses. All characters that is for sure.

First really cool temps last night. Horses were on pasture all night but laid down and slept through sunrise as the temps dropped and the wind started. They headed for the arena and barn to get out of the wind once the sun was up.

Kids wanted to play "king of the mtn" before everyone went down for a afternoon nap.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
My pigeon shooting buddy and I drove over to a dairy near Gila Bend, AZ and shot about 100 or so.
Speaking of rural dairy farms (Gila Bend is rural), reminded me of, at a former base I was stationed at, a dairy farmer called the base about military low-level flight routes.
Instead of the usual complaints, he reportedly requested more flights, as the cows produced more milk after overflights- especially after the occasional sonic boom.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.