Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rare Colt Diamondback .22LR, Electroless Nickel finish. I obtained this firearm in 1989. In April 1990 I had enough to Letter it from Colt. It came back as
COLT DIAMONDBACK REVOLVER
SERIAL NUMBER: S#####
CALIBER: .22/c
BARREL LENGTH: 6"
FINISH: ELECTROLESS NICKEL
TYPE OF STOCKS: NOT LISTED
SHIPPED TO: ????????? Supply Co.
???? OKLAHOMA
DATE OF SHIPMENT: June 16,1981
NUMBER OF SAME TYPE OF GUNS IN SHIPMENT: 1

REMARKS: As noticed above, this revolver was finished in Electroless Nickel, not Stainless Steel. It was considered a "Custom Gun" because of this finish and was produced through our Custom Shop. However, it was not specifically ordered by one customer in particular.
We do not have production figures above on the Electroless Nickel progam. however, we can tell you that thousands of firearms in a variety of models were produced with this finish.
I did contact Colt later and found that there were only 73 of these Electroless Nickel DiamondBacks produced in .22/c.

I use this firearm for shooting critters around the farm when it's starting to get dark, thus the laser. Very accurate, beautifully balanced.

Sad to say I did not get the box from the original owner as he had destroyed the box by carrying the firearm in his pickup under the seat.

Comments?

Liberty5601 ELN-DB22.jpg

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
They didn't make a lot of D-backs in E-nickel. As you already know that is a pretty rare gun you. I have a 4" 38spl in E-nickel with box and it too was made in the custom shop. Enjoy your rare snake!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I do, it's a hoot to shoot, it loves the AGUILA .22 hummingbird rounds. .22 short, quite, deadly at 25 yards or less, especially with the green dot laser, gotta love Samuel Colt...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts