Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished a security gig early this morning, and when I got home my son was waiting for me. I had forgotten he was going to help me put a couple deer stands up on our property. We had breatfast, grabbed the stands and headed into the woods. We were able to place two stands in a little over an hour. After we got done, we took the slug guns out and put a few down range to make sure the scopes were on. Weather is getting nasty cold here in NJ for the start of shotgun deer season. My son and I finished with sighting in the guns, put everything away. relaxing now by the fire place with a drink watching "Magnum Force", while my wife gets dinner ready. Life is very good my friends. God bless.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Finished a security gig early this morning, and when I got home my son was waiting for me. I had forgotten he was going to help me put a couple deer stands up on our property. We had breatfast, grabbed the stands and headed into the woods. We were able to place two stands in a little over an hour. After we got done, we took the slug guns out and put a few down range to make sure the scopes were on. Weather is getting nasty cold here in NJ for the start of shotgun deer season. My son and I finished with sighting in the guns, put everything away. relaxing now by the fire place with a drink watching "Magnum Force", while my wife gets dinner ready. Life is very good my friends. God bless.
Nothing like nasty weather outside,a warm fire inside(gas logs,I'm thru toteing wood in) a Clint Eastwood marathon and the dog in the lap, your right blade,life is good and most all,no all of us that even have access to this forum should be thankful everyday for what we've got. Millions of folks in a lot worse shape. Stay thirsty my NJ freind

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are so correct my friend, we need to hit our knees everyday to say thanks for what we have in our lives. I would love to see a pic of Yogi. Hopefully Next week I can post a few pics of some deer taken with the Savage slug gun. At present I am watching "key Largo", the fire is roaring Bella is lying at my feet, a glass of 20 year port in one hand, and a couple toys in the other. It is around 18 degrees outside, and the wind is howling. Peace.Lou

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Here in So. Oklahoma we rarely have severe winter weather & few people know much about ice & snow driving. We had a sheet of ice covered by a little snow. Having lived on Long Island 25 years, I took out my new Ford Escape 4WD to experience its handling. OK. Visited LGS talked with the guys without interference by customers, me being the only one. After a while a family with two little kids came in & I left, now that the LGS wouldn't be lonely. No traffic, drove around a while to get a variety of street responses & headed half mile home. Walk from my house over to the office was hazardous on the walk so I got better footing on the snow covered grass. Dabbled with the computer a while, email, this forum, bid in a gun book on eBay. Meanwhile my Supervisor was doing her thing preparing for me one of the best steaks in memory.

All considered with a comfortable house, my shop in the basement, good cars, good guns, a few fast friends, interesting things to do, cleared by chemo of lymphoma, we have a lot to be thankful for. I guess I got the Christmas spirit early and wish the best for you.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is beginning to snow here in Kingwood, it is cold about 26 outside. The fire place is going strong, we have just come home from church, and stopping off for a bite to eat. Nice day to sit back relax, watch some football, and sip a little drink. What would make it perfect if I could some how bring all of my forum family here at once to talk about guns, and blades and life in general.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.