Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you wanted to collect a series of 2.5", 4", 6", & 8" barreled Pythons in either "Bright" nickel, or BSTS-
which would you choose, and why?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have had Colt matte stainless, found it easy to care for, but boring. E-nickel seems like the same.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would collect Bright Stainless because I only need the 2.5" ;) IMO the BSTS is more sought out after and I like the mirror finish, just a personal preference.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Figured nickel more bang for the buck. How likely is it to eventually flake however?
I've only owned 2 nickel colts and they didn't flake, but I sold them to help fund my bright stainless collection. I think you could get more bang for your buck going nickel, but you won't have to worry about stainless flaking.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Right now the Market says Bright Stainless. I like Bright as well but there is something to be said for the "Right" Nickel guns. Man when they are new and perfect they are hard to beat.

If I didn't want to spend years working on the collection I would go out and obtain the Brights, they are much more readily available.

If time and money were no object, I would seek the Nickel line-up buying only New, Perfect guns. This would be a much harder chore than the Bright. Do you take the easy way out or like a challenge?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's now BSTS 2, Nickel 5.Keep in mind, these must earn their keep--Will be fired, put in holsters, carried around- not just for BBQ's.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If the requirement is a gun that will actually be shot and not be a safe queen, I have to go with the Bright Stainless finish, although a flawless Nickel specimen is hard to beat visually.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fired and carried, not abused.Ideally visually pleasing , at least hold if not increase in $ value.B-3. N -5,

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Now that I know about this Firing and Carrying thing, move my vote over to Bright Stainless. Nickel is not the way to go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts