Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out collect only pythons? I am thinking about making pythons the core of my colt collection, Any pythons more collectable than others? are the ones from the 50`s more collectable? thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
There are people here who know a lot more than I about Pythons, but yes, the earlier ones are definitely more coveted. A store around here recently advertised -- and sold -- #64 for $2750 ... without box or papers, and in about 98% shape.

As I understand it, Pythons with 3-inch barrels are also prized because they're rare; and apparently, there were some in calibers other than .357. I imagine those would be extremely collectable.

Personally, I'm a sucker for any early one with the full-checkered target stocks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
kennedy,
The older the better. Toomany variations to collect them all. As the illustrious Mr. Stern pointed out,the 3" is the deal. That is where I have focused my attention. It used to be the 2" but they are too easy. Good luck and say goodbye to ALL of your fun money. Hope you are single.
f.t.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Probably the easiest of the odd ball Pythons to add to a collection is the .38 special Target model. It's a blued 8 incher.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am setting aside $5000 a year for gun purchases(unless something else comes up) for the next 13 years untill retirement, I am trying to find guns that will go up in value, right now mil surplus snipers and colt revolvers are on my list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts