Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at my local convenience store this morning and Guns and Ammo has a special version out for 1911's.Pretty high ($7.99) but I needed something to read.On the Colt section I didn't know the investment you'd had if you spent $3500 15 years ago on boxed or 98% guns etc.You would have sold today at $35,000 to $45,000 these three guns if you bought the right investment quality guns,,,such as Singer's,North Americans,and early .38 Super's,or just correct WW1 or WW2 high quality...the 70 series dont count folks,,as the newer guns either.But if you had bought 10 guns such as 70 series and Gold Cups you could only cash out at $4500,,a thousand dollar profit...Goes to show what I learned on investments.If it was produced as a collector item it never will be,,,,,kinda like the 1st Beanie Baby.Go ask the wife what one of the 1st beanie baby's that people gave to their children to rip apart is worth now.No one actually knew untill about the 3rd or 4th Beanie Baby was made till someone started to collect them.Think any of the state quarters will be worth much more then a quarter too?

·
Registered
29 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Think any of the state quarters will be worth much more then a quarter too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in my lifetime chevis.....

·
Registered
778 Posts
We find super gun deals often enough in gun, and pawn shops to keep us out of spare change.

Unfired 38 Super, NIB Ruger flattop, unfired Smith 4" nickel model 29 in the presention box, all bought for low, to "dumb low" prices lately.

Your just have to stop at the shops, and look carefully at whats in the cases. Often the shop owner or manager is just to busy to bother with rarity, and the book does not know sometimes what has jumped to the top of the list.

Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays to you all, and a safe, 2006 filled with stupid low gun buy prices!

·
Registered
141 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think any of the state quarters will be worth much more then a quarter too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in my lifetime chevis.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The proof silver mint sets, especially the first year or two, have already skyrocketed. The clad sets are also getting up in price, just not to the degree as the silver ones. But the everyday circulated ones are, and will, always be worth a quarter.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm not correct in all ways about the quarter sets,but in the long term I'll bet they'll never be worth what a true collectible should be...But the point I wanted to make is what I learned a long time ago,,(and I hated to go off the gun subject).."If it is meant to be a collectible item,it never will be"....go find the 1911's that are worth their weight in gold and I dought you'll go wrong,,,,Singers,North Americans,early .38 Supers etc.
They're kinda like muscle cars,old Indian motorcycles,or whatever you can think of that relate to something a person with money would spend mucho dinero for....not modern Gold Cups,or Custom Shop guns,although nice,they just wont have as much appeal 50 years down the line

·
Registered
141 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I'm not correct in all ways about the quarter sets,but in the long term I'll bet they'll never be worth what a true collectible should be...But the point I wanted to make is what I learned a long time ago,,(and I hated to go off the gun subject).."If it is meant to be a collectible item,it never will be"....go find the 1911's that are worth their weight in gold and I dought you'll go wrong,,,,Singers,North Americans,early .38 Supers etc.
They're kinda like muscle cars,old Indian motorcycles,or whatever you can think of that relate to something a person with money would spend mucho dinero for....not modern Gold Cups,or Custom Shop guns,although nice,they just wont have as much appeal 50 years down the line

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree ! Merry Christmas!

Greg

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man,,,that's the kinda pistolas to collect,honest.You will only increase your investment.Probably better then stocks or the money market.One thing I noticed in the mag was some of these guns have increased in value more then 250%.I loaned the mag to my buddy so I might be off some,maybe a lot.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Unfired - Colt 1911 38 Super - 1937

Found in a gun shop three weeks ago.

Considering the price we paid, they were not aware of its true value.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chevis wrote: "although nice,they just wont have as much appeal 50 years down the line "

Unfortunately neither will I /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts