Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Who was the gentleman that passed away a couple of years ago, I think in Alaska, that was a big collector? Might have written some books. His 2 sons were selling off some of his collection of parts and guns in the Swap Shop here. I cant remember his name. Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey guys. Who was the gentleman that passed away a couple of years ago, I think in Alaska, that was a big collector? Might have written some books. His 2 sons were selling off some of his collection of parts and guns in the Swap Shop here. I cant remember his name. Thanks!
Hey Cliff - His name was Hugh Clark. I bought some grips from him just before he passed, sometime around October 23rd, 2018. . His son's name is Hugh Jr. Hugh Sr's handle was 'swamprat' - I believe Hugh Jr. is also on the forum but don't recall his handle. I know he posted regarding his Dad's death and disposition of some of his items. Hope this helps. Mike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
And Hugh Sr lived in Texas.
I probably gave you a bum steer. I went back and checked the email I received from Hugh's son - he stated that they flew in from Anchorage after his Dad passed - I put 2 and 2 together and got 5. Sorry about that! Hope I caused no inconvenience. Mike.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Man that's really sad. I just messaged swamprat a few days ago to ask a question. I didn't realize he had passed, and I'd never get an answer. :(

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Sorry for the late reply. Been on the road. My mind had just gone blank trying to remember Hughs name. I bought some parts from the boys and was trying to document what came from where. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Yup - the son's live here in A town near me - couple of good guys. Hugh lived in Texas for some time and that's were he passed on. They shipped everything up here and have been selling it as they sort. Hugh had quite the amazing collection of goods. I was fortunate enough to become the next holder for several of his guns and items. I see you have their contact info now. If you need it down the road again, reach out. I've got a few ways to get them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts