Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colt and other maker "must have" books.......

Which books would you guys say are the most important and have the most valuable information?
I'm a little more up on Winchesters than Colts and I think one of the must haves' would be from Dean Whitaker on 1937-1964 Model 70's

I'm in a book buying mood and was wondering what to look for. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Colt and other maker "must have" books.......

Which books would you guys say are the most important and have the most valuable information?
I'm a little more up on Winchesters than Colts and I think one of the must haves' would be from Dean Whitaker on 1937-1964 Model 70's

I'm in a book buying mood and was wondering what to look for. :)
'The Book of Colt Firearms" 2nd Edition by R.L. Wilson is an absolute must for anyone seriously interested in Colts. If too expensive for you, get a copy of " Colts from 1836 to 1960" by James E. Serven. It is immensely more readable and more accurate than the book by Haven and Belden.

·
Registered
758 Posts
welcome to the forum newbie.....I reccomend "Colt, an American Legend" by R.L. Wilson....It is a great book...You won't be disapointed....

Tom

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well it's not about Colt firearms, but the 3rd Edition of "The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" by Supica and Nahas is a definite must have for a collectors library regardless of their focus.

·
Registered
676 Posts
In the "Other" category, if you are a SIG pistol fan you must get:

Das grosse Buch der SIG-Pistolen by Vetter

and Begegnungen mit einer Legende by Armbruster and Kessler

Both books are written in German, but the information contained in them is invaluable.

If you would like to know more about classic Mauser rifles and classic machine guns, get everything you can written by Dolf Goldsmith. His information is very detailed and the stories told are absolutely fascinating.

Reactions: 68python
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.