Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if it's true that Collector's Firearms has a 20% sale every year? If so, what time of year would that be?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I bought an Colt SAA from Collector Firearms last November at 20% off. I don't know if they have the sale every year at that time but it sure was a great deal. Very pleasant guys to deal with, too. They forgot to send part of the box contents with the gun and were very cooperative in sending it when I asked about it.
- Bruce in Ohio

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I bought my Colt SAA from them during that sale which was over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Check their website earlier that week for the announcement of the sale and details. Tom

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I love collectors and yes they typically have some form of black friday sale in the 15-20% range. Depending on what you are buying some may argue that the discount just gets you down to what the gun should be, but in other cases there is a lot of value. They just moved to a much nicer and larger location(old Barnes & Nobles I believe) but I haven't made it by to the new location yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How would you guys say their guns are priced compared to a fair going rate? I can't help but feel some of the revolvers I looked at are a bit steep.

Edit: Comment above mine actually answers this question a bit, but other opinions are welcome too.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
My experience is that they will usually give you a 10% discount if you ask for it.
Jim

·
Registered
488 Posts
Maybe and that is maybe the discount will get them back to close to the market price. Over the years and even been in there a few times when I am down south found them to be over priced.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am looking to buy my first SAA. I don't think I can wait til November. If I did wait I guess I might have more money to spend but I don't think I can wait. Thank you all for the info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am looking to buy my first SAA. I don't think I can wait til November. If I did wait I guess I might have more money to spend but I don't think I can wait. Thank you all for the info.
If you know what you're looking for and are knowledgeable enough, Gunbroker is a good choice for getting decent guns for a bit cheaper than the alternative websites. Just look for an SAA being offered at a penny start with no reserve. The price you bid is the price you pay, plus shipping. No huge premium like I've seen on other bidding sites. Also helps to sort by bid count high to low. Then you can see the guns for sale other people are actually bidding on rather than the listings asking for too much.

Edit: Another nice feature is if you create an account, you can search recent ended auctions, giving you an idea of the final price people are paying for SAA's like the one you want.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I am looking to buy my first SAA. I don't think I can wait til November.
If you get it now and enjoy it,you aren’t even going to remember the money when November rolls around. 😆 Pete

·
Registered
158 Posts
Visiting their store is like visiting a museum, lots of cool and rare stuff. But in living in Houston for 40 years, I've never bought any guns from them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts