Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this 1851 Navy at the Rivera Show on Saturday and just couldn't pass it up. Serial number dates in to 1860 production and I believe it's in .38 Colt. Overall in good condition and locks up good and works as it should. Not any finish left, but look at those grips. Longhorn carved on one side and the owners initials carved on the other "J C W". One of those guns that I think "if only it could talk". Was a great show and decided to drive up to Las Vegas at the last second. Glad I did. Also the people from RIA were some of the nicest people I've ever meet. On to a few pictures. Comments as always welcomed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very nice shooter ya got. Congrats! seems like Ive seen it somewhere before. I remember the initials and the steerhead.
Makes me want to hit the local gun show and make an offer on that 1860 Army I found last time I went.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rio, that's a nice looking grip. I've seen several carved grips on precussion guns but they don't seem to be too common.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I sure like how the Initials are carved in the Stock there...

Nice to see 'period' personalization details which were done with such style and care!

What a great find!

Now, are you going to load up a few rounds of .38 Colt in Black Powder, and give it a whirl??

( I would! )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.