Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LNIB. Was my Dads gun, it has been shot some, & very well taken care of. Was purchased new in the 1980's

Any idea of its current value ?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It depends on if it is a true Colt or a replica. A 2nd generation 1851 Colt is worth more than a Ubertie or a Pietta. What are the markings? Can you post pictures.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

It depends on if it is a true Colt or a replica. A 2nd generation 1851 Colt is worth more than a Ubertie or a Pietta. What are the markings? Can you post pictures.

Its a true 2nd Generation Colt.

Serial # 23xxx. Dark blue 7.5 " barrel & color case hardened frame, the grip frame is looks to be nickle silver?

Has very pretty wood grips on it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any visually noticable consequences of being fired-cylinder, bore, nipples, etc? Did it come with any accessories? Thanks, Bob M.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob, the only signs of wear I can see are on the engraved cylinder, & its where the hammer has been resting, that spot between the nipples. A tiny bit of the bluing is worn off there on all six locations. He has all the accessories but they are not in a boxed set from Colt as in some of the pictures I have seen.

Just the regular stuff needed to shoot it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
From the serial you have a later production C-series 1851 Navy. With the handling marks that you described I would place it in the 98% condition or less. Value is around $475.00. This is just a best guess without pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts