Colt Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
You should be able to find serial numbers on barrel, frame, trigger guard/front strap, rear strap, cylinder, cylinder arbor, grips and wedge. If all match it helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You should be able to find serial numbers on barrel, frame, trigger guard/front strap, rear strap, cylinder, cylinder arbor, grips and wedge. If all match it helps a lot.
Thanks for the info Russ. I am in NJ so it is only handhgun per month...even one as old as this. I have another handgun to take home before this. Once I have it in my possesion, I will take it apart and check the rest of the serial numbers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Small US on right side just to the right and slightly below the wedge. After a small space possiby a small CV also. Any significance?
Also should i attempt tp lightly clean with 0000 steel wool and Kroil, or leave as is. Oil and put in silicone sock?
20150826_160705-1-1600x1130.jpg

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks guys, that is what I thought leaving it alone...Just going crazy to confirm any markings on it. I will surely follow your advise not to touch it.
Any idea on that US stamp or am I seeing things? I don't quite have this in my possesion yet. NJ is one HG every 30 days...and yes my state does not recognize C&R.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys! long time no talk from the hills of East Tennessee, Those that might have missed my posts back a year ago, I have the 1860 Army serial # 83 that brought some excitement, and had you guys dutifully flipping pages and helping me decipher what I have. No letter yet, but it is great to know that there should be info. since it was noted that Colt has records up to 140,000.

I about fainted when I checked on #83 a couple weeks ago, I knew better, but putting up hay, picking beans (Appalachian Pink Tips and Turkey Craw Beans) and Chootin at Yankees during re-enactments all summer....She became a tad rustyl!!! Guys it rained the first day of "Dog Days" and guns rust easier when that happens. But a good wiping down and all good.

I guess the main thing some of you all are wondering is "what's his point of posting???" makes sense!!!! I looked on here to check on what has been posted and it is great to see you guys in the know help out us guys who come to you all for info. God Bless ya!!!

Hope I don't get censored here but as a dyed in the wool Confederate, I replaced the battle flag flying in my front yard with The First National and the Bonnie Blue underneath....Now I am a Betsy Ross fan and either an Air Force general or a Dallas Cowboy fan....I'm staying calm and quite, with a fixed bayonet. God Bless Dixie!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey guys! long time no talk from the hills of East Tennessee, Those that might have missed my posts back a year ago, I have the 1860 Army serial # 83 that brought some excitement, and had you guys dutifully flipping pages and helping me decipher what I have. No letter yet, but it is great to know that there should be info. since it was noted that Colt has records up to 140,000.

I about fainted when I checked on #83 a couple weeks ago, I knew better, but putting up hay, picking beans (Appalachian Pink Tips and Turkey Craw Beans) and Chootin at Yankees during re-enactments all summer....She became a tad rustyl!!! Guys it rained the first day of "Dog Days" and guns rust easier when that happens. But a good wiping down and all good.

I guess the main thing some of you all are wondering is "what's his point of posting???" makes sense!!!! I looked on here to check on what has been posted and it is great to see you guys in the know help out us guys who come to you all for info. God Bless ya!!!

Hope I don't get censored here but as a dyed in the wool Confederate, I replaced the battle flag flying in my front yard with The First National and the Bonnie Blue underneath....Now I am a Betsy Ross fan and either an Air Force general or a Dallas Cowboy fan....I'm staying calm and quite, with a fixed bayonet. God Bless Dixie!!
East Tennessee.. Keep your powder dry and Ole #83 oiled up! I would definitely letter one that low.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts