·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revolver Gun Trigger Stag beetles Metal
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Metal
Pipe Auto part Metal

I want to sell this revolver but need little help. (I will post here first!) Colt Patent number: 750. Looks to me that the barrel has been shortened? (Wasn't all the barrels 7 1/2"?) There is a slight crack on the right side under the wedge. Doesn't look serious and someone that is good with welding could surely fix it. The butt screw is not original and has been re-threaded for a larger screw. Correct serial (and bin/assembly) numbers on the frame, barrel, trigger guard, butt, cylinder, stocks (on back of wood separator), and loading gate. Correct one line NY address. Patent date are the two July's. Stocks are Original and tiny bits of varnish still present. Action is tight and functions as it should. 38 cal on trigger guard. Inspectors mark "C" in hammer slot.
Did I miss anything? Need some opinions and/or advise from you Percussion experts and other of course!
Thanks... de Bill in Florida

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Serial number dates it to 1868, but believe it left the factory as a cartridge gun. Shows to be heavily cleaned and alterations to the barrel. Cut from 7 1/2 inches, front sight added as is a rear sight? on the barrel..No ejector ass'y with the hole holding the ejector being filled. Wedge doesnot look correct...Other alterations are noted in your post....It is a shame BUBBA got a hold of this one, as the 61's are a little harder to find than the 60 Army's...Jim

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello:

Been asked to put a price on it here first. So $1200.00 + $40 shipping. No FFL. No PayPal. I have other pictures if you serious.

Thanks for looking.

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.