Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,523 Posts
I have a very early Colt SAA with the "1" below the SN's. It has original ivory grips. Ron Graham surmised the "1" was used instead of an "I" by the colt person who did the stamping. Maybe at some time in your gun's 'life' it had ivory grips.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Another Colt that is on my bucket list. At the rate I'm going, I will have to live to be 200 to fill my bucket list.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Have 2 Model 61's converted, neither has a one by the serial number. It is the opinion of many authors that is an inspection mark....Jim

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I believe it to be an inspector's mark. Curious that both bati's pistol and mine have no mark on the barrel lug. In my case I thought that it was because the pistol has no barrel address and thus did not pass inspection on that part. As these were being turned out when development of the SAA was in full swing I figured that it must have been thought unimportant to send it back to be re-done so they just shipped it as is. What are your thoughts?

Rio

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Guess that blows my theory out of the water! Any thoughts on the missing barrel address?

Rio

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Nickel is still intact on top of the barrel and cylinder scene is excellent including engagement date.

Rio

1 - 11 of 11 Posts