Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I do, with a 2nd Gen. and a pair of the Signature 61s, not to mention several Ubertis. Great shooters. My favorite firearm, period. I've had more fun and learned more with the 61s than any other gun.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I LOVED mine! But alas...too many irons in the fire....somethings had to go. My 3rd gen Colt 1861 was one. Fortunately it went to a friend who dearly appreciates it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I use a pair of 2nd Gen 1861s as SASS Main match guns, and have one NIB for the collection. I also have a pair Ubertis that get regular use and a Pietta Sheriffs model engraved in the white.

Love the181 Navy

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don’t have an 1861 Colt Navy at the moment, but would love to have one and have always admired their elegant looks !
Jim

·
Registered
457 Posts
The 1861 was my favorite as a kid when my dad got one. Still is on top of my list. I have a conversion, too. Would love to get a shooter now!

Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Just picked up this 1861, I have been looking for one and had opportunity to get this one today. It is posing with its big (1860) and little (1862) brothers.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 2nd gen 1861 Navy 100% NIB I can't seem to get a buyer for.
Also there is a 2nd gen in a case coming up for auction on Proxibid.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here is my Colt Model 1861 serial number 37544. According to the author of the latest Colt Model 1851 and 1861 book, Bob Jordan who was allowed access to Colt factory records, this one was made in the early 1870s. This exact number not recorded but others in the range were being produced about then. Well into the time that the Single Action was being worked up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is the other side of Colt Model 1861, serial number 37544.

The book that I am referring to is Colt 1851 and 1861 Navies and Conversions by Robert M. Jordan and Don W. Geri, published last year. The price is $250 plus shipping. To buy it, the author can be reached at [email protected]. Yes, it sounds expensive but you will learn things that will make the cost more than worthwhile. The Nathan Swayze book was good for its time, but this one will be the final definitive work on this subject.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts