Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am a french Colt 1889/92/94 collector and i am seeking informations about these revolver stocks, especially the civilian ones.
I ve studyed the BOB BEST'S book but i ve still some questions.

Are you familliar with such brown stocks ?
Wood
Knife Revolver Hunting knife Blade Trigger
I ve never seen stocks like these. I ve seen the "89" black with the "Colt" labell, the one with the "1892" label and the one without date with the rampant colt(theorically for the 1894), but all of those stocks were black.
Thanks for your help !

Rapace32

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
It is not uncommon to see the old black hard rubber grips take on a greenish or brownish tint. I had a SAA that was in a holster much of its life and the panel next to the holster stayed black while the one ourwardly turned a greenish brown. I personally think it has to do with the sun, heat and the light which changes the colors.

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
These grips were made of actual hard rubber, and rubber can change color due to age, exposure to sunlight and other factors.
If you notice a car tire that's older and has been parked in the sun a lot, the tire is not the black of a new tire, it's actually turned a dark brown color.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
UV is what does it usually...but Hot Water or Heat or various Chemicals ( Household 'cleaners' and so on )
can do it also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts