Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across this in a little gun shop and picked it up, not really knowing what it was. I now believe it to be a New Navy Model 1889. It does not appear to have been "upgraded" and wears no military markings.

Serial #22079
Assembly # 476
Caliber .38

I was hoping that you guys might be able to confirm this and tell me what it might be worth. I estimate the gun to be in about 65%-75% condition. I will upload photos if I can figure it out. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hi PhilF,

Your revolver is indeed a New Navy Model of 1889. This one was probably produced about 1892.

Can you check inside the cylinder window with the cylinder in the open position? Is there two slots cut into the bottom of the frame above the trigger?

This is about where Colt began using the Model 1892 frames to use up the remaining Model 1889 parts. I can't tell from your photo if it is an early frame or not because of how you positioned the gun.

These guns are starting to increase in collector value but most that I have seen sold in the last six months or so went for between $400 and $600 ... Again, your photo is not very clear so I can't tell condition real well..
Hope that helps! Bob Best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts