Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1903 Pocket Hammerless in .32 cal that I would like to get new grips for.
I am looking for either mother of pearl or ivory, I do not need factory original as the gun has been refinished, I am also not a collector so factory correct isn't a huge concern with me. I just want it to look nice... and a pair of either MOP or Ivory grips will give me the look I desire.
Do any of you know a reliable and trustworthy source online where I could purchase these grips from?
I have seen some on EBay but am leery of them... I would prefer they fit as good as they look and don't trust EBay 100%.

Thanks for any input you guys can offer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For Ivory grips take a look at www.boonetrading.com / in addition to the ivory grips they offer a grip made from " bonded ivory" these are made from all the dust created in cutting and shaping the ivory grips, this powder is mixed with some sort of epoxy and then formed / as far as I have read they age like ivory and are not as prone to damage from use and abuse.
Also far less $, as far as pearl there is a man in Vietnam Named KIM and his specialty is working in water buffalo horn and engraving / also works in Mother of pearl / I just received a set of black water buffalo with engraved dragons / the turn around time however is 4 months / hand cut, hand fit, hand engraved, etc. www.handicraft-vn.com other than that just look around some auctions ( online ) and make some of the larger shows / Good Luck hope this helps /

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys for the great sites, both have very nice looking grips at reasonable prices.
I appreciate your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts