Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was this part blued on some and case hardened on others ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can't recall ever seeing a case hardened safety on a 1903 or 1908. The hammer (internal), and some other pieces were, if my memory is correct, casehardened but not the safety. I have never owned a Type 1 1903 but don't ever remember seeing any external case hardened parts.
Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought. I saw an Auction photo of a 1903 that had case hardening colors on the lock. The rest of the blue finish appeared original. Hard to say what happened -

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I can't really say either. I own a type 1 first year of manufacture but it's a shooter with practically no finish at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Broomie,
I've been trying to piece together a "correct" parts gun in .380 myself. Might want to try Sam Lisker's site - he lists all the variants with photos (You might drool all over your keyboard /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif):
http://www.coltautos.com/
Good luck - Bob

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have never seen one myself that I could say is orig. I wouldn't put it past colt putting case colors on a special order piece. Its hard to say, but a pic may help a little....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a photo of case hardened safety lock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the picture. First case hardened safety that I've seen. Sure looks original too.
Best Regards,
ADP3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts