Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed a small depression inside the barrel of this Colt. It is a .38ACP. Just was wondering if there was an available replacement barrel that would fit OK. I haven’t fired it yet. Just trying to get some feedback about availability and price. Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I've never seen a "new manufacture" barrel for these.
There have been some on eBay/GB in the $150 range in the past but it's a waiting game for one to pop up.
There's a couple different finishes, e.g. early high-polish vs. rougher finish at the end of production if that's important to you.
I vaguely remember someone mentioning relining them.

Another thing to check is cracking where the front "leg", or pedestal, joins up with the barrel.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Parts for these Pocket Hammer Colt's are hard to come buy. I follow the listings on eBay and have seen a few barrels listed, but usually with issues.
The first Pocket Hammer we had had some issues, but a LGS had two and being able to examine the bores was worth a trade for them.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
PM me if your 38acp pocket hammer barrel doesn’t shoot or is unsafe to shoot. May be able to help, but with such low pressure - your 38 PH may be both safe and accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts