Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest find! 100% original w original box,paperwork,and (2) 2-tone magazines! The visible (spots) is Hoppes oil. I feel srrongly that this has only been fired at the factory!Waiting for colt letter! ENJOY!

Attachments

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Beautiful condition M1903 and a rare find in that condition. Have the M1908 .380 in same condition and so far haven't had the heart to shoot it. It's in the queue for the Ren Wax treatment to seal and preserve. Too many irons in the fire ;) .....Enjoy that beauty in good health.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
As an aside, if I had a pistol in that condition, with those acoutrements, I would have to find a decent shooter and hammer the bejeezis out that. I would lack the sack to shoot the collector piece.
Jes' sayin'.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Fortunately, I have a small pile of Model Ms, and they shoot like crazy.
They are flat and smooth, and make a decent hideout piece, both the .32 and the .380. And they are tough and reliable as hell.
I just have a problem with usin' up an apparently unfired specimen.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Color me envious. I just recently found a 1903 of similar age at my LGS and agreed to buy it once it is out of its 30-day pawn hold. The gun is perhaps 80-85 percent, but that's way better than any others I have seen around here in recent years. It will be a fine shooter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Years ago I saw a 1903, new in the box, with the original sales slip dated 1923. On the sales slip was the serial number and model of the pistol and also recorded, one 50 round box of .32 cal bullets. The old box of Winchester ammo was still with the gun and all 50 rounds were still there. This would indicate that the pistol had never been fired after leaving the Colt factory. Also in the box was the factory paperwork about the Model 1903. The gun was in mint high gloss condition. Everything was there that any collector of this pistol would appreciate.

I had to be the witness to the actual the cutting up of this pistol, as the then current owner had turned it in to the police department for destruction. What a loss to the collecting community.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.